With the adoption of handhelds as a mission critical business tools, integration of those devices into the existing IT infrastructure is critical. Mobile and wireless solutions have special challenges for the IT staff that are called upon to deliver and maintain those solutions. Successful device management is of critical importance to ensuring the success of mobilized applications. Today, the challenges facing the IT managers include:p>
- Remotely deploying, managing, and upgrading wireless devices and applications
- Managing device inventory,
- Administering security and access, and
- Ensuring software consistency across staff
ScoutIT delivers the comprehensive solution to these challenges, providing the tools IT professionals need to extend their information infrastructures to the new mobile computing generation. Key features of ScoutIT include:
- Automated application, file, and content distribution
- Profile grouping and sub-grouping in any structure desired
- Back up and restore services through the cradle or via a direct network or wireless connection
- Real-time activity logging and database storage of all utilization activity
- Local or remote monitoring
- Device configuration, including RAM and Registry content (Windows CE)
- Flexible device-state alert system for both users and administrators
- Administrator capability to delete files and databases from individual devices
- SNMP Agent built in to allow for integration with enterprise management systems like HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, Microsoft SMS, and Tivoli etc.
ScoutIT is a stable, enterprise strength solution now on its fourth generation release. New features of the latest version of ScoutIT, Version 3.6 include:
- Comprehensive Management Application Programming Interface (API) allows administrators to seamlessly integrate ScoutIT into their corporate management tools.
- Conduit execution without explicit user knowledge
- Administrator choice of enabling security or not. If security is desired, we have 3 levels of encryption available.
- Increased device information display that includes remote monitoring of even more device-side information including memory, battery life, etc.
- Device inventory display including applications, databases, versions, and last back-up action that can be managed remotely and centrally.
- Remote Procedure Calls in the conduit SDK that parallels the functions available in the desktop conduit API.